Tulip Meadows of Little Falls Condominium Association
RULES AND REGULATIONS
(Revised June 2008)
- The Condominium Units shall be used for residential purposes only, in conformance with the uses as set forth in the Master Deed.
- There shall be no obstruction of the Common Elements nor shall anything be stored in the Common Elements without the prior consent of the Board of Trustees except as hereinafter expressly provided. Each Unit Owner shall be obligated to maintain and keep in good order and repair his own Unit in accordance with the provisions of the By-Laws.
- Nothing shall be done or kept in any Unit or in the Common Elements which will increase the rate of insurance of any of the buildings, or contents thereof, applicable for residential use, without the prior written consent of the Board. Owners shall not permit anything to be done or kept in his Unit or in the Common Elements which will result in the cancellation of insurance on any of the buildings, or contents thereof, or which would be in violation of any law. No waste shall be placed in the Common Elements.
- Unit Owners shall not cause or permit anything to be hung on the outside of windows or exterior window sills or placed on the outside walls, doors, or railings. However, seasonal white icicle lights may be hung from deck railings beginning the first of December and removed no later than January 15th. No sign, awning, canopy, shutter, radio or television antenna shall be affixed to or exposed on or at any window. Common areas should be used for normal transit to and from the Units. Unit Owners shall not store any furniture, packages or objects of any kind in the public ways, stairways or common areas leaving areas clear for safe ingress and egress of owners, guests, and emergency personnel.
- Dogs and/or cats shall be allowed in the Units (two dogs or two cats, or any combination thereof), subject to written consent of the Board, who shall adopt rules and regulations concerning same. No animals may be kept, bred or maintained for commercial purposes in any Unit. Unit Owners shall be held responsible for any pet they keep which is causing a nuisance, unreasonable disturbance or noise. All dogs/cats must be carried or leashed when traveling in or about any common areas or Common Elements. Dogs shall not be walked or exercised on Condominium Property and all town ordinances regarding the disposal of animal waste shall be strictly observed. No reptiles of any kind are permitted under any circumstances.
- No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on in any Unit, or in the Common Elements, nor shall anything be done therein, either willfully or negligently, which may be or become an annoyance or nuisance to the other Unit Owners or occupants.
- No activity shall be done in any Unit, common area or cultivated area which may impair the structural integrity of the building or which may structurally change the building.
- No laundry including clothes, sheets, blankets, rugs, mops or any other kind of articles shall be shaken or hung from the Unit or exposed on any part of the Common Elements (including decks and railings). The Common Elements, stairways, platforms, corridors, etc., shall be kept free and clear of rubbish, debris and other unsightly materials. No bicycles, carriages, toys or any other items shall be placed or left in walkways and/or stair platforms, corridors or other Common Elements including decks.
- Unit Owners, at their sole expense, shall at all times keep the floors of their Units reasonably covered with rugs, carpet, matting or similar materials (80% of the total floor area) within the Unit to prevent unnecessary noise.
- Except in recreational or storage areas designated as such by the Board, there shall be no playing, lounging, parking of vehicles in, on or about any part of the Common Elements or cultivated areas.
- No industry, business, trade, occupation or profession of any kind, commercial, religious, educational or otherwise, whether designed for profit, altruism, or otherwise, shall be conducted, maintained or permitted on any part of the Property. No signage shall be permitted, such as “For Sale”, “For Rent”, “For Lease”, “Garage Sale”, or any other window displays or advertising on any part of the Property or in any Unit therein. No Unit shall be used for transient, hotel or motel purposes.
- Nothing shall be added, altered, constructed or removed in or from the Common Elements, including the cultivated areas.
- No public area or entranceway of a building shall be decorated or furnished by any Unit Owner, in any manner (except with a temporary planter, etc., alongside the front door), that may impede emergency access.
- Each Unit Owner shall keep his Unit in a proper state of repair and cleanliness and shall not sweep, throw or permit any dirt, debris or objects to be swept or thrown from the doors, windows or decks of the building.
- All radio, television or other electrical equipment of any kind installed or used in each Unit shall fully comply with all federal, state, municipal and local rules, regulations, requirements or recommendations and the public authorities having jurisdiction. The Unit Owner shall be solely liable for any damage or injury caused by any radio, television, or other electrical equipment that the Unit Owner caused to be installed.
- Upon reasonable notification to the Unit Owner, the agents of the Board or the managing agent, and any service provider authorized by the Board or the managing agent, shall be permitted access to any room or Unit in the buildings, at reasonable hours for the purpose of inspecting such room or Units for the presence of any vermin, insects or other pests, and for the purpose of taking necessary measures to control or exterminate any such vermin, insects or other pests.
- Parking is restricted to passenger cars, vans and four-wheel drive vehicles. No commercial vehicles shall be parked on the Property. All vehicles shall be parked in designated parking spaces. Under no circumstances are any auto repairs to be conducted in the parking areas. Car washing is allowed provided it is done for Unit Owner vehicles in Unit Owner designated areas and all fluids used are biodegradable.
- Unit Owners shall not cause or permit any unusual or objectionable noise or odors to be produced upon or to emanate from their Units.
- Decks shall not be decorated, enclosed, furnished or covered by any type of awning or covering. Permitted items include deck furniture with umbrella and electric barbecue. Up to three flowering plants shall be permitted on decks, provided they have protective drip containers to avoid damage to the deck floor and to prevent leaks to the neighboring decks below. Plants shall not be hung on deck railings.
- Under no circumstances may any Unit Owner, occupant or any of his agents, servants, employees, licensees, or visitors bring into or store in his Unit any flammable, combustible or explosive fluid, material, chemical or substance.
- If any key or keys are entrusted by a Unit Owner, occupant or by any family member, agent, servant, employee, licensee, or visitor, to an employee of the Board for a Unit, automobile, trunk, or other item of personal property, the placement of that key shall be at the sole risk of such Unit Owner or occupant, and the Board shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature sustained whether directly, or indirectly, resulting from such placement.
- The Common Elements shall be used solely to furnish reasonably suited services and facilities incident to the use and occupancy of the Units.
- No immoral, improper, offensive or unlawful use shall be made of the Property or any part thereof. All valid laws, zoning ordinances and regulations of any governmental bodies having jurisdiction over the Property shall be observed. Violations of any laws, regulations, or requirements of any governmental body having jurisdiction, by the Board or by any Unit Owner, shall be the sole responsibility and expense of the Board or the individual Unit Owner, as the case may be.
- No Unit, or portion thereof, shall be leased for less than one (1) year. Leases shall be in writing and approved by the Board in accordance with the provisions of the Master Deed.
- No trash containers shall be stored in or on the Common Elements, including staircase landings. Trash shall be stored in covered containers in the garage of each Unit. No plastic bags of trash are permitted at pickup sites unless placed inside covered trash containers. In accordance with township ordinance, trash shall be placed at curbside locations no earlier than 4:30 p.m. on the day prior to collection. Following collection, empty trash containers shall be returned to the Unit garages by the end of the same day.
- Sinks, toilets and other plumbing fixtures shall be used only for their intended purposes. No rubbish, sweepings, rags or other foreign objects or substances shall be placed therein. Unit Owners will be solely liable for any damage to their Unit and/or any other Units resulting from the misuse of any plumbing facilities.
- Electric cooking and/or electric barbecuing shall be permitted on decks.
- Unit Owners may move furniture into and out of buildings between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Protective quilts located in the basement storage room shall be used when moving heavy and bulky furniture in the elevators. It is the responsibility of the Unit Owner to install the protective quilts and to remove them. Movers and deliverymen are required to follow this procedure.
- The draperies or the materials used by a Unit Owner on the interior of all exterior windows shall be made of white materials, or if not white in color, shall be lined with white lining material in order to establish and maintain for aesthetic purposes, a uniform exterior of the Condominium buildings.
- No Unit Owner shall change the exterior surface color of their Unit entrance door.
- The speed limit for all vehicular traffic, including non-resident traffic, shall be ten (10) miles per hour on all association driveways and in all parking areas.
- Any consent or approval given under these Rules and Regulations may be added to, amended or repealed at any time by Resolution of the Board.
- The Board of Trustees of Tulip Meadows has established a Covenants Committee as mandated by the State of New Jersey for all condominium communities located in New Jersey. The purpose of the Covenants Committee is to arbitrate any dispute between Unit Owners that concern the Rules and Regulations, and to reach a decision which is in the best interest of all Tulip Meadows residents.